GUIDELINES FOR REGISTERING FOR THE SACRAMENTS 2021
- Please fill in your child’s name as on their birth certificate as that is the name that must be entered in the Confirmation Register – which is needed in the future for anyone wishing to marry in a catholic church
- Please enter a contact email address & phone number clearly on the form. We will use this to contact you with information on Preparation Masses or other events when we hopefully come out of the covid crisis.
- You need to accompany the registration form with a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate. This can be scanned and emailed with the completed registration form to the Parish office email@example.com.
- If you do not have a baptismal certificate you will need to request one from the parish where your child was baptised.
- For confirmation you should have a cert from the time you received first Holy Communion.
- We ask you to please give a contribution of €10 which goes towards Sacramental preparation expenses. This may be paid through our donate button on our Parish website through easy payments plus. There is an option to pay for registration for Confirmation, First Holy Communion, please choose the option that is relevant to you. Please put the receipt number on your registration form.
- If for any reason you have difficulty downloading the registration form or cannot submit the €10 online please contact the Parish Office by phone 018380265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forms will not be available from the schools so please do not call to the schools looking for a form.
- You can submit your registration by email, by post or drop it into the Parish Office, in letter box if the Office is closed.
- All the information you provide is confidential and is only kept until after the children receive the Sacraments.
- The deadline for registration is Tuesday December 8th
Preparing As A Family For The Sacraments
- In normal circumstances we would have preparation for the Sacraments during our 12noon family Mass. As this is not possible, we are trying to keep the website updated with some family friendly prayers & activities on the Children’s Liturgy page.
- There is a nice u-tube explanation of the Rosary on it of the glorious mysteries which is very relevant as we come into the Advent Season.
- You might like to make a Sacred space in your home. It doesn’t need to be very elaborate. Reading from a children’s bible is a very useful way to explain the Gospel stories of Jesus. Children’s bibles are available from veritas or we can order one for you through our Parish Shop if you wish. Please contact the Parish Office.
- We will provide the children with a candle to use at home for preparation for the sacraments. It is a 24hr candle and when it burns out you can put a t-light into it and continue to use it. We will distribute the candles through school before the enrolment Mass.
- The Enrolment Mass for ALL Sacraments will take place on Monday 21st December at 7.30p.m- online through our webcam. The names of all the children who have registered will be called out and prayed for during this Mass.
- When the Christmas tree goes up in the Church around the 8th or 9th December we ask that you make a decoration for the tree and bring it into the church. Hang it on the tree and stay to say a prayer. The church is open for private prayer every day until 4p.m so please visit in preparation for Christmas.
- Thank You for registering- we look forward to helping you prepare for the Sacraments.
God Bless you and your families
The Parish Team
REGISTER FOR CONFIRMATION 2021
REGISTER FOR FIRST PENANCE & FIRST HOLY COMMUNION